Wednesday, June 19, 2013

a forgotten savings account with Pag-Ibig

I've always thought of myself as a diligent record keeper, particularly investment records. It turns out that I have totally forgotten about one particular investment account, that is with the Home Development Mutual Fund or also known as the Pag-Ibig Fund. I remember that the contribution to this fund was a mandatory deduction when I was working in the Philippines. A rough estimate would mean  that I probably have 10k pesos with them. It turns out that it's a pretty good place to invest as well. For starters, all contributions are guaranteed by the Government of the Philippines. They have also paid dividends of 4.13% and 4.17%, tax free, in the past two years. Their housing loan program looks interesting as well, perhaps for future real estate investments. I quickly registered with their online services. However, it is still in the process of being fully implemented, hence there isn't a way of checking my existing account balance with them. They have also started accepting online contributions through Visa and Mastercard. I will be keeping an eye on the developments with Pag-Ibig Fund and whether it will be worthwhile to continue investing with them. As of now, I'm just happy to be 10k richer as the fund will continue to keep your account even if you've stopped making contributions. Happy investing!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Pagibig will be worthy investment. Thanks for sharing this post! HOW TO EFFECTIVELY BUDGET YOUR MONEY

    ReplyDelete